Stephanie Kay

Stephanie Kay

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Recovery

At last, the devil week is over!!!!


I'm happy to report that I got an A on my 20 minutes of hell presentation! Though I think she secretly felt bad for me, I'll happily accept.


Somehow I was able to get words out of my mouth for a full 20 minutes, yet I couldn't quite make it to the 8 minutes for my chinese class. Orr maybe I could have if I wouldn't have mistaken my time checker's(Roomie B) peace signal for it's over!! instead of for there's 2 minutes left...fail.


Currently I'm laying in bed for the 5th consecutive hour recovering..
Sleeping in, True life marathon, Potbelly's.. prefect day, obv. :)


The devil week was made bearable for 3 reasons:
1. Thanks to my lovely roomies who made me do "the face" dance with them for a good 2 hours in my time of need. For those of you don't know, I'm kind of a big deal. When I did my media internship for the English departmet last semester, I was known as "the face of the english department." And let's be serious, even though my intern duties are over, I will always be the face. Hence, there was a dance made in my honor--and it's pretty FAB if I do say so myself. I will not be surprised if I find everyone at the bars doing it soon.


2. Thanks to a nice rando girl who complimented my writing skills. We were having an editing sesh in my magazine writing class and the girl who was sitting next to me editing my movie review on hall pass(save your money, watch the previews and proceed) turns and looks at me and says "You write really well..I still remember your stories from last semester too(also in my feature writing class) your style is really interesting." This made me day. Especially because at the time I was ready to jump out the window. It gives me hope that perhaps I picked the right career path after all. (Even if I might be living out of a box and eating mac and cheese for the rest of my life)


3. Thanks to Benjy for taking the time to properly learn how to do the cupid shuffle with me. He '"walks it by himself" quite well, be jealous.




My MTV show thoughts:


-I MUST comment on the joke that was the teen mom reunion. Seriously, 2 hours!? I felt emotionally and physically exhausted after watching it. Dr. Phil, I mean Dr. Drew is absolutely ridiculous. It seemed like he was purposely asking them questions just to get them to cry. AND I felt like he was trying to start drama with Corey and Leah (My fave). Their married, cute, and happy..just shut up already! PS: Leah, please check your bronzer intake before you leave the house. Also, I LOVE Kailyn's new love Jordan. So nice! Definetly an upgrade from that unfortunate looking Joe.


-If you look up douchebag in the dictonary, you are likely to see Adam's face from the Real World underneath. I simply have no words...


-Life is dull without Jersey Shore ;( One day I WILL go to Karma (because apparently it's the only place to go out in JS...) and fist pump.




Here's to a lazy- food eating-panic attack free weekend :)


And just incase you were wondering..
How to do the cupid shuffle

No comments:

Post a Comment