Stephanie Kay

Stephanie Kay

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Epic Fail

Ok, so I'm only going to tell this story for your entertaining pleasure..because it's prettyyy embarassing and a tad sad on my part.

Enjoy.

Alright so this Monday, I got...a little..ok..really lost..in the area where I've been going to
school for oh you know, 4 years. When I left campus to go back to my apt..I turned on the road I usually do only to find a cop in the middle of the road telling all the cars that they had to turn around..for a reason I was too flustered to understand. I immediately panicked because I had no idea how to get back the other way. I secretly wanted to ask the cop to kindly lead me in right direction. Dont judge, but, I don't quite have a sense of direction. Is that so bad? I know how to get to two places perfectly: School and my house. Other than that, it's bad news bears. In other words, never ask me for directions..
 So I did the only logical thing to do: Drove aimlessly until I ended up on a highway I've never ever been on. I got off on an exit somewhere in cockeysville, parked in a metro parking lot, maybe or maybe not cried and had a little breakdown, and then called my sister to save me, of course. It didn't help that I was STARVING and hadn't eaten all day, and debated eating the trash on the parking lot floor..

My sister looked up where I was online and tried to tell me how to get back (bless her soul) but alas, it didn't work and I ended up on another highway only to find myself in Hunt Valley in another metro parking lot. By that time, I started imaginng myself roaming around the streets of Hunt Valley forever, never to be found, and being remembered on May 13th as the girl who got lost 2 weeks before graduation. I seriously thought I would never find my way back. At one point when my sister was trying to figure out how to get back she said "Well I don't know, because if you go one way, you could end up in harrisburg, and if you go the other way, you could end up in downtown baltimore." Really, those were my only two options?? At this, it's possible that I cried a little harder..maybe, and thought about making friends with the homeless guy sitting on the street because he would most likely become my new roomie. For a good 10 minutes, I just sat in my car refusing to move at the thought of taking a detour to Pennsylvania.

Eventually, with my sister on the phone, I started driving, and FINALLY got on the right exit. I also stopped at taco bell on the way, because I guess I thought the most repulsive fast food place would make me feel better after going through such a horrid experience. Not knowing where you are, and also starving and looking like your 12 to top it off, is the worst feeling ever. All in all, I drove aimlessly for 2 freaking hours and wasted a whole gas tank. Who does that???

I've concluded that
1. I need a gps
2. Some common sense would be nice too

FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment