Stephanie Kay

Stephanie Kay

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The One Month Countdown

 An epic realization today: One more month until I graduate!!! I can hardly believe it. It seems like just yesterday I was getting ready for my first day of college--wondering what it was going to be like, what kind of people I would meet, and duh most importantly, if I would meet the love of my life there (My priorities have always been appropriate..)

I still feel as though I will start a new semester this fall. Then again, I also have an reoccurring nightmare that someone will tell me I need to take more classes and can't graduate. That would happen..

Everyone said it would go fast, but no one said it would go this fast. Graduation always seemed ages away to me, especially when I started my Freshman year and almost threw up at the list of classes I would have to take within the next four years. I watched both of my sisters graduate and thought: I wonder what it will be like to finally reach that point.

I've learned a lot in four yeaars, not only intellectually, but emotionally as well. Everytime I have a mini heart attack or feel as though I'm 2 seconds away from jumping out the window, I also get a little bit stronger. It's rewarding and satisfying to get it done and then recieve a good outcome out of it (most of time). When I decided to major in English initally I thought..sure, I love writing, and I guess I'm good at it? Four years in the major and some pretty fab teachers later, I've come to the realization that I am good at it, and hopefully will continue to become better through work experience and graduate school (crossing fingers)

I've also met some pretty great people here. I think that's what stands out the most to me: The memories and the friendships that I've formed. If only there was a video camera to capture all the ridiculous moments I've shared with my fave roomies, who just this week taught me how to make spaghetti for the first time! Big deal, I'm growing up right before my very eyes :)

Now..The 5 Do's and Don'ts of College (If you were wondering):
DO:
1.Enjoy every single minute
2. Have fun, but also do what you gotta do when you gotta do it
3.Take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way
4.Go to class (Most of the time)
5.Suck up to your teacher (Just cry when that doesn't work)

DON'T:
1. Procrastinate (Ok I have no room saying this, but don't do it anyway..)
2. Date anyone in your group of friends..On that same note, don't date anyone you go to school with. Really..just sat NO..
3.Pick roomies who you don't really know..
4.Drink..without fab people by your side
5.Eat your feelings (who am I kidding..)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment